Seasoned Legal Help with Felony Defense in Florida
Helping clients facing serious penalties throughout Polk County
Felonies are serious crimes that carry the stiffest penalties, including extensive fines, prison time and even death. These cases may involve lengthy investigations, many witnesses and extensive documentation. Handling felony matters requires significant criminal defense experience and resources, which you can find at the Flynn Law Group. We can take your case from arraignment to conclusion. If it becomes impossible to negotiate a fair resolution, we have the skill and resources to try your case effectively and appeal the outcome if necessary.
Aggressive defense for serious charges
Attorney John B. Flynn provides discreet, professional representation for clients throughout Polk County and the surrounding region. No stranger to the courtroom, he has prosecuted and defended nearly every type of felony. Florida recognizes the following classes of felonies with these sentences:
- Capital and life felonies — For first degree murder, execution or life imprisonment without parole
- First degree — Sentences of up to 30 years in state prison and a maximum fine of $10,000
- Second degree — Sentences of up to 15 years in state prison and a maximum fine of $10,000
- Third degree — Sentences of up to five years in state prison and a maximum fine of $5,000
The Flynn Law Group’s felony practice includes defending criminal charges of:
- Cybercrimes — These offenses, including identity theft and hacking, require technical ability.
- Criminal conspiracy — If the state cannot prove a crime was actually committed, prosecutors may charge a defendant with planning to commit a crime. Sometimes circumstances implicate a legitimate business in a money laundering scheme.
- Drug crimes — From simple possession to cultivation, distribution, manufacturing and trafficking, Florida drug crimes have stiff mandatory sentences.
- Sex crimes — Convictions of lurid crimes such as statutory rape, forcible rape, human trafficking and possession of child pornography carry harsh sentences and the requirement to register as a convicted sex offender.
- Theft crimes — We defend clients accused of a variety of felony theft offenses, from grand larceny to armed robbery.
- Violent crimes — Violence can be an enhancement to an underlying offense or the basis for a felony charge in certain cases, including those involving aggravated assault, manslaughter and capital murder.
- White collar crimes — Economic crimes, such as embezzlement, require sophisticated knowledge and access to funds, and usually entail a breach of fiduciary duty.
Retain skilled legal assistance for your felony case
A felony charge can lead to disastrous consequences. No matter what felony charges you face, you can rely on the criminal law attorneys at the Flynn Law Group to respond professionally and aggressively on your behalf. We offer free consultations at our office or at the jail if needed. We also offer payment plans and take credit cards. Call our Bartow office at 863-533-6707 or contact us online. We can help.